Saturday, December 24, 2011

A turning point in Cusco

Well, I cried a little bit when I left Cusco. I lived in that beautiful corner of Peru for about three months, and it was much too short...

In and around Cusco I:

- hiked, rafted, and otherwise found by way to Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, the Sacred Valley, and other ancient Incan marvels.














- had a great time with the fantastic students, teachers and staff at Proyecto Peru. Below is a shot of me measuring the size of one of my teachers at her baby shower. As you can see, it was hot work.







- took Spanish classes at Proyecto Peru and became slightly more proficient in Spanish


AND





- finished my my thesis project, and turned in all the work for my master's degree work.

Yes, I am pleased as punch to announce that, barring the unforeseen, I have qualified for an MBA in Sustainability from the San Francisco Institute of Architecture. I won't be sure until the final review of my final project, but the response from Professor Phil, my adviser, was more than positive.

Since getting the sustainability degree was the reason for this whole unsustainable journey. it is now time to pack it up and head for the States. To find a Home, get a Job, start a new Life.

Sigh...

But first, a few celebratory weeks in my beloved Cusco!

Here are some pics from Tahmina's going-away party. This was at a dinner show, which as you can see includes some dancing, some goofing around, and laughter with friends...








No comments:

Post a Comment